Devizes Pre-school have our own set of Principles and Values we follow as our work ethos:
· The welfare of the children is paramount
· Practitioners contribute to the children’s care, education and learning, and this is reflected in every aspect of practice and service provision.
· Practitioners work with parents and families who are partners in the care, development and learning of their children and are the child’s first and most enduring educators.
· The needs, rights and views of the child are at the centre of all practice and provision
· Individuality, difference and diversity are equally valued and celebrated
· Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice are actively promoted
· Children’s personal and physical safety is safeguarded whilst allowing for risk and challenge as appropriate to the capabilities of the child
· Self–esteem, resilience and positive self-image are recognized as essential to every child’s development
· Confidentiality and agreements about confidential information are respected as appropriate unless a child’s protection and well-being are at stake.
· Professional knowledge, skills and values are shared appropriately in order to enrich the experience of children more widely
· Best practice requires reflection and a continuous search for improvement.